Healthcare Improvement Community Talks Hospital Capacity Management at the 2013 Patient Flow Summit
Representatives from more than 100 different hospitals and healthcare organizations gather to collaborate patient flow best practices and standards.
Las Vegas, NV, April 29, 2013 – Healthcare leaders from around the world have met at the 2013 Patient Flow Summit to define and develop industry best practices. Over the next week of collaborative sessions, participants will collect tools, contacts, and education needed to immediately enhance operations in their systems.
Industry standards verify that patient flow enhances care outcomes and operational efficiencies. Hospital leaders attend the Summit year-after-year to garner proven strategies from experienced thought leaders and network with likeminded peers.
The Patient Flow Summit is supported by industry organizations focused on improving patient care and reducing healthcare costs. Central Logic acts as the founding sponsor, with HP, Intel, and GE Healthcare participating as the platinum and gold sponsors.
“Hospitals that launch throughput initiatives are able to decrease delays and increase efficiency,” said Darin Vercillo, MD, Central Logic CEO. “Patient flow successes come from multidisciplinary efforts. The Summit is the single most important venue for administrators, academics, clinicians, engineers, and hospital staff to share and collaborate improvement techniques as a community.”
Featured event speakers include:
- Eugene Litvak, Ph.D– IOM and AHA Committee Member; JCAHO Patient Flow Editor; CEO, The Institute for Healthcare Optimization
- Kirk Jensen, MD, MBA, FACEP– IHI Faculty and Patient Flow Seminar Leader; Panel member, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative
- Joelle LoFaso, RN, BSN– Cleveland Clinic, Director of Admissions, Transfer Center and Hospital Throughput
- Mark Blatt, MD, MBA– Intel Worldwide Medical Director
- Josh Kosowsky, MD, FACEP– Brigham & Women’s Hospital Clinical Director; Harvard Assistant Professor
Key discussion topics include:
- Strategies for efficient hospital capacity management
- Managing variability to increase care outcomes and margins
- Proven ED flow improvements to reduce wait times and LWBS
- Tactics to enhance care coordination and break-down departmental silos
- Tools to engage physicians and staff to adopt meaningful change
About Central Logic
Central Logic is the healthcare industry’s leading provider of innovative transfer center and bed management solutions. The company’s rapid growth is fueled by its ability to replace antiquated software solutions in the most forward-thinking hospitals and medical systems – such as HCA, Cleveland Clinic, Sutter Health, UPMC and hundreds more. Central Logic’s consultative team works collaboratively with physicians, administrators, and staff to design and implement solutions that increase demand and capacity, while conserving internal resources. For more information, please visit https://www.centrallogic.com/.