|Job Title||Software Developer in Test|
|Reports To||Development Manager|
|Location||South Jordan, UT Minneapolis / St. Paul|
|Level/Salary Range||Depending on Experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
A Software Developer in Test measures and reports on the quality of Central Logic products prior to release. This position is responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various Central Logic products. The primary responsibility is to work with the development and product management teams to create new test harnesses, automate testing, implement new automation tools, create innovative automated test systems, and report results back to project stakeholders. These test systems validate product functionality against acceptance criteria, measure performance and resource usage of the software, as well as their interaction with other Central Logic and 3rd party products.
• Work with others on the development team to verify application functionality, usability, performance and scalability
• Perform web, API, functional, regression, load, and end-to-end testing – as automated as possible, and manual as needed.
• Create and maintain test automation framework with an emphasis on clean, reusable code
• Assist application owners with regression testing, load testing, script testing, user acceptance testing and test architecture support
• Develop and maintain reusable code libraries to help build streamlined and efficient development/testing processes
• Evaluate and analyze automation metrics, providing feedback to developers, system architects and subject matter experts
• Assist with the setup and maintenance of the teams’ test environments
• Provide accurate time estimates of your work
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
Desired Experience & Skills
• Minimum of 2+ years recent software development or quality assurance experience
• Preferred 3+ years of experience developing automated tests and building a framework to make these tests easier to create
• Familiarity with software: operating systems and applications; Window, Virtual Machines, Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
• Experience with .NET/Visual Studio
• Solid SQL ability
• Experience with large databases and systems are a plus
• Familiar with Agile development and testing methods such as Scrum or Kanban
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Should demonstrate good analytical skills as well as initiative and integrity in all aspects of work
• Technical background for creating proper testing scenarios from the functional requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Take direction well but work independently, and have the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly.
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude, personal integrity, problem solving ability, and the ability to handle stress.
• Mobile test automation experience a plus (iOS, and Android)
• Knowledge of different browsers is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of networks and network configuration a plus.
• BS in a technical discipline, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience