|Job Title||Cloud Operations Engineer|
|Department/Group||IT & Security|
|Reports To||Director, IT & Security|
|Level/Salary Range||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
Central Logic, a leading provider of innovative Transfer Center, On-Call Scheduling and Command Center solutions to 400+ hospitals, is seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to build and maintain our SaaS delivery capabilities.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for running, maintaining and operating Central Logic cloud hardware and services.
In this role, you will work on a range of in-house projects and ongoing updates and maintenance to ensure system health.
This position requires a passion for technology, critical thinking and creativity when it comes to system administration.
You will work within a small IT team interacting closely with Dev Ops and software engineers.
Ideal employees in this role will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and work well in a fast moving, dynamic work environment.
- Own operations and administration of our production cloud web services to ensure reliability, visibility, recoverability and optimum performance.
- Ensure service availability in the cloud at specified concurrency and performance levels.
- Be an active member of a team tasked with implementation and operations of a cloud datacenter infrastructure, datacenter administration, servers, storage, networks,system monitoring, and operations that support the applications and business processes as required.
- Deploy and utilize automation tools to minimize human operational requirements.
- Create, manage and report against KPIs for the platform’s operation, overseeing all platform change management and deployment activities.
- Implement and maintain full operational compliance against security and legal requirements
- Consistently improve performance and reliability as the platform scales, driving continuous improvement through operational metrics.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions.
- 5+ years managing enterprise cloud operations and environments.
- 3+ years managing large-scale public cloud application deployments.
- Strong prior experience managing projects, activities, vendors and infrastructure activities in a virtual environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge and long term practical experience in the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of SaaS systems.
- Windows PowerShell, Active Directory, and SharePoint experience is helpful
- Proficiency in Azure management.
- Demonstrated experience managing outages, customer escalations, crisis management and other similar circumstances.
- Knowledge of Data Center networks, routing, switching, firewalls and site-to-site connectivity
- Working knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including firewalls, DMZs, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network security, application security concepts, password management, RBAC, access provisioning,.
- MCPS, CISA, CISM, CISSP or CIPP certifications a plus.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle.
B.S. Degree: Information Systems or related field and/or 5+ years’ experience as a Systems Administrator.